Friday, February 23, 2018

Fussy and Fancy Challenge #206-"Favourite Colours"

Good Friday morning dear crafty friends!!

YAY Friday...hope you all have special plans for the weekend!!  Well as it's Friday it's time for another Fussy and Fancy post...today we begin a brand new challenge...AND...this time it's my turn to host!!  I just had to choose "Favourite Colours"...I think you all should find that easy...right??!!

Well as I've been struggling lately in the mojo department I decided to go with favs all around...I had one "fairy door" left and thought it would be fun to go with some mixed media and flowers!!  So...

Here is what I came up with...
please click on the first image for a closer view/slideshow...
my "fairy door" completed...
and how it began..
I stained the door using Rangers Distress Ink "Weathered Wood"...
next I mixed up a paste using Texture Paste, Aged Aqua Frantage and some dark blue glass fragments...
spread it on the wood...topped with some more Frantage and glass pieces then heated with my heat gun...
 the steps were stained using Rangers Distress Inks "Old Paper"...
while still wet I added some Aged Taupe Frantage and heated...
I added some paper flowers, several pink Foamiran flowers and some Cheery Lynne die cut vines...
 finished off with this darling whimsical owl key from my stash...

And that is the final "fairy door" from my stash...YIKES...I really love doing these...time for a shopping trip??!!  Oh and I guess you've discovered that pink and blue are my favourite colours...it was my week for them I guess...lol!!

All materials are listed/linked above.

Challenges I wish to enter:
A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge Blog-1st February 2018 Challenge #2 "Anything Goes"
Classic Design Team Open Challenge-1st February 2018 Challenge #22 "Anything Goes"
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends-Challenge #76 "Anything Goes"
Love to Craft Challenge Blog-Challenge #19 February "Anything Goes"
World Wide Open Design Team Challenge-15th February 2018 Challenge #2 "Anything Goes"

Until next time...thank you for taking the time to stop by!!  Your visits and comments are SO very much appreciated!!!







14 comments:

  1. it's very beautiful Beth great flowers over the door,
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. You WHAT...took a plain wood door and created this! WOW
    It makes you want to open up the door to a secret garden! I am hoping to get crafty this weekend. Weather is not suppose to be that great, so off I go and escape into my crafty room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is absolutely GORGEOUS and just AMAZING! Looks like a lot of work but it was worth every minute because it is breath taking! GREAT JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth, thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog, and for hosting my Guest Designer spot. This is just incredible! I feel your panic at using your last fairy door - I feel the same thing every time I use something up! What incredible creativity! I can almost see the fairy dust floating around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Beth, this mixed media fairy door is amazing! May I ask where you got this door please? Hugs, Ivy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Beth this is so Gorgeous. Great job as usual. Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work. {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges} Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous Beth! I love the fairy door and you have embellished it so beautifully.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this door project. You really brought it to life with your creative work. Nice job look fabulous.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your fairy door is just amazing! Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

    Janice DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful project. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for our February challenge 19 at Love to Craft, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW what a stunner this is Beth...I have always wanted to make a fairy door....your creation is truly magical!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Beth, I am having problems with google,,,,so this is my third attempt to post a comment ...fingers crossed it works....
    I adore your fairy door, so magical, and your colourchoice is just stunning. Those flowers are perfect , brilliant inspiration....big hugs .Jo. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOOooooo, your project is awesome!!!Great Job!
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Ewa DT for  World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty projects and great idea,Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing !

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete